ABOUT SFD SYSTEMS
We are a fast-growing IOT start-up set to change the face of retailing. We have developed the world leading digital-price-ticketing system which enables retailers to automate their on-shelf pricing, drive sales with advertising at shelf edge and digitise store operations. Our generation 1 platform has launched in a variety of major retailers (including Waitrose, Home Depot and World Duty Free) and is set to appear in many more stores across the globe in the next few months. The platform footprint is growing rapidly and we are expanding our team to meet demand.
This is an opportunity for an experienced manufacturing specialist to join us on the launch-pad and oversee the successful scale-up of our manufacturing operations. You should have managed multiple new product introductions (NPIs) for electronic products through electronic contract manufacturers.
Working with us, you can expect:
To be part of building and growing a product platform that people and customers love. Our products are bright, shiny and beautiful but more importantly they bring genuine benefits to retailers and shoppers.
Daily challenge – We are building and growing fast so every day brings something new. Our customers span the globe from New Zealand to USA and we are building an Internet of Things platform which will soon have millions of screens in thousands of locations and our whole business is growing to support that. No day is ever the same and your CV will soon reflect this.
A friendly and supportive environment – we’re ambitious and generally can-do in attitude, but we also like to have fun at work and look out for each other. Many of us have children and we operate flexi-time, offer childcare vouchers and like to coo over pictures of little ones.
The Head of Manufacturing will be responsible for the manufacture of all elements of SFD Systems’ platform. As a key member of our management team you will lead manufacturing operations and be responsible for the successful delivery of our hardware to retailers across the globe ensuring quality standards and commercial objectives are met.
You will be responsible for rapidly scaling our manufacturing output through our contract manufacturers and should be experienced in electronics manufacturing, testing and assembly.
- Lead and manage all manufacturing operations
- Establish appropriate manufacturing operations systems and processes
- Build and manage the manufacturing operations team to meet the needs of the business
- Plan and schedule all production activities
- Ensure production output meets the needs of the business i.e. timely delivery to meet commercial and quality targets
- Manage inventory from planning and purchasing through to assembly and delivery
- Develop a robust supply chain
- Manage cost
- Manage contract manufacturers to ensure timely delivery of high quality products
- Work with all relevant business functions to introduce new products as they emerge
- Develop a continuous improvement culture within manufacturing operations and the business as a whole
- Provide relevant and accurate production reporting to the business
Skills & Experience
You should be a seasoned manufacturing professional with experience of managing high-volume electronics manufacturing (for example production of mobile phones, set-top boxes, telecoms equipment etc.), NPI, production scale-up and implementing continuous improvement programmes who is capable of assuming a leadership role within our management team.
Specifically, your experience should include:
- Managing high-volume electronics manufacturing
- Working with contract manufacturers in the Far East/Eastern Europe
- NPI, establishing manufacturing processes and successful production scale-up
- Resolving production issues quickly and efficiently
- Implementing continuous improvement processes and techniques
- Planning, scheduling and cost management
- Successfully meeting commercial production and quality targets
A background in electronic product design would be an advantage.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Flexibility to fit into a fast-moving, entrepreneurial business
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent team-working
- Good communication skills
This role will require frequent and extensive international travel.
Where we are
Our office and demonstration suite are based in beautiful countryside near Newmarket. We enjoy good transport links and plenty of parking.
Our small team is ambitious yet supportive and we:
- Take responsibility and pride in our work
- Have high integrity
- Value our customers, focus on delivering them value and go the extra mile to meet their needs
- Believe that teamwork and collaboration will allow us to achieve our goals & ambitions
- Value our staff, investors and stakeholders and the contribution they make to our team
- Are all prepared to spot what needs to be done and roll up our sleeves to make sure our team delivers its goals
Please send your CV and cover message to email@example.com
No agencies or recruiters please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org