ABOUT SFD SYSTEMS
We are a fast-growing technology start-up set to change the face of retailing. We have developed the best-in-class video digital-price-ticketing system which enables retailers to automate their on-shelf pricing, extend their promotional opportunities and improve the appearance of their retail environments. Our product has recently launched in a variety of UK and N.American retailers and is set to appear in many other international locations soon. We are now expanding our team to enable us to meet our ambitious business goals.
This is an opportunity for a bright spark to join our development team and champion the design and development of new elements of our product portfolio.
Working with us, you can expect:
To be part of building and growing a product platform that people and customers love. Our products are bright, shiny and beautiful but more importantly they bring genuine benefits to retailers and shoppers.
Daily challenge – We are building and growing fast so every day brings something new. Our customers span the globe from New Zealand to USA and we are building an Internet of Things platform which will soon have millions of screens in thousands of locations and our whole business is growing to support that. No day is ever the same and your CV will soon reflect this.
A friendly and supportive environment – we’re ambitious and generally can-do in attitude, but we also like to have fun at work and look out for each other. Many of us have children and we operate flexi-time, offer childcare vouchers and like to coo over pictures of little ones.
The Embedded Software Engineer’s role will be to specify, design and implement software components of SFD System’s retail technology system across the full stack but with a focus on the firmware/embedded level.
- Participate in all aspects of the product development cycle
- Write high quality code in line with pre-agreed timescales
- Ensure that code is of a suitable quality through code reviews, appropriate testing and continuous improvement activities
- Contribute to the development of processes and a culture that produces high quality products and code
- Work effectively with other members of the engineering team to deliver fully functioning, well tested systems
- Work effectively with all members of the business
- Manage your time and output appropriately
You should have at least 5 years of experience developing code in a commercial environment. You must be able to demonstrate experience of embedded software development in a network environment (e.g. Internet of Things), and exhibit intelligence, enthusiasm, a self-motivated attitude and a desire to be part of a high-performing team.
Specific experiences should include:
- Micro-controller programming
- Optimising firmware/embedded software for constrained memory and power environments and speed
- Interpreting customers’ technical needs through customer interaction
It would be desirable to show a commitment to maintaining up to date technical skills and maintaining good coding practice within a team environment.
We’re looking for the following software skills in combination with excellent problem solving:
- Linux & embedded linux
- Embedded C
- Network systems development and internet core protocols
- High performance code
- Data structure and algorithm design and implementation
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in the field of computer science, engineering, physical sciences or mathematics or another rigorous discipline.
WHERE WE ARE
Our office and demonstration suite are based in beautiful countryside near Newmarket, within an easy commute of Cambridge. We enjoy good transport links and plenty of parking.
Our small team is ambitious yet supportive and we:
- Take responsibility and pride in our work
- Have high integrity
- Value our customers, focus on delivering them value and go the extra mile to meet their needs
- Believe that teamwork and collaboration will allow us to achieve our goals & ambitions
- Value our staff, investors and stakeholders and the contribution they make to our team
- Are all prepared to spot what needs to be done and roll up our sleeves to make sure our team delivers its goals
Applications will be welcome until we have filled the vacancy. To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies or recruiters please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com